Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Graduate!


Tuesday night Garrett graduated... from preschool, that is! He turned 5 years old last month and now he's a preschool graduate! WOW! All he can talk about is when Kindergarten is going to start! He is so happy and excited to go. I'm working up to it. I'm a little nervous about having him ride the school bus and get to his class by himself. I'm nervous to have him out of my care every day. I'm kind of sad that my time with him at home with me is quickly coming to an end. On the other hand, I'm very excited for him to make new friends. I'm happy for him to gain some more independence. I'm grateful that he won't be bored and that he will continue to learn new things every day. I'm so appreciative of his cute preschool teacher, Miss Wendi, who made school so much fun. Garrett loves her and always felt so happy and safe when he was with her. She has made school such a fun experience and is largely responsible for Garrett's excitement and positive feelings about school next year! Thanks, Miss Wendi! What would we do without you?

No comments: