Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lucky Me!






I was thinking about my little family before we went to church today. I had to teach RS about Righteous Traditions, so I had been thinking about our kids and family all week. Yesterday all the kids got new haircuts and look so handsome & cute. After they were dressed and ready for church I stopped and just looked at them. In between the melt downs, the runny noses, the spilled cereal and all the commotion, I got this tiny peak at the amazing potential they each have. They are each so different, so unique. I wonder what they will be like as they get older. I wonder what each of them will become. One thing I know for certain is that they are very special. (I know, spoken just like a mom!) I know they have many things to accomplish and much good to do while they are here on Earth. I hope that Scott and I can create righteous traditions in our family so they can gain testimonies of their own and do all they have been saved for this time to accomplish. It's very humbling to think of the responsibility we have to teach and train and love them. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity. When my kids found me today after church, and I saw their happy, smiling faces, their untucked shirts, and tried to focus as they all shouted at once all about what they learned in Primary, I just had to think to myself, "Lucky Me."

No comments: