Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ahhh...Spring!














I must admit, I love Spring the most of any season. Fall is a close second, but there's just something wonderful about watching the snow melt, the grass turn green and see the first flowers of spring come from the ground. It always puts us in a good mood when we see the first daffodil or tulip pop through the ground. I love the smell of freshly mowed lawn, the scent of the blossoms in the trees and the sound of neighbors and kids out on walks for the first time in months! I love to chat in the front yard as they all walk by. I really love the rain! Maybe it's something from my childhood in Seattle, but I really love a good rainstorm. Now I don't proclaim to be one who loves yard work or knows all kinds of wonderful things about plants and trees, but I do enjoy having a pretty yard to spend time in. I do get quite a bit of satisfaction after working outside and pulling all the weeds, planting a garden, and watching the progress of all our plantings grow. It feels good to just stand back and look at all the progress we made. I like working outside with the kids, and they seem to like just having me out with them. Last spring and summer we were just putting in the backyard, so this is the first spring that we've had a yard here in our new home. I love it! It feels so great. The kids like to be outside and I love being able to let them out and not worry about them. Here are some pictures from the trees and flowers in our yard, blooming for the first time. I really love spring!

No comments: